Purpose of the award
The AACT is committed to furthering the clinical toxicology research interests of young investigators, including pharmacy and medical students, pharmacy residents and residents from any medical specialty as well as various toxicology trainees, and to developing their research skills through networking at national meetings. This program specifically supports the travel of students (graduate or medical) and trainees (residents, toxicology fellows or postdoctoral research fellows to present an abstract at the North American Congress of Clinical Toxicology (NACCT) meeting.
Amount of the award
The award will pay the awardee’s NACCT registration cost. Awardees will be announced prior to the meeting and recognized.
Students and trainees are eligible to apply for this award provided he/she:
- Is an AACT member in good standing at the time of application
- The student or trainee’s mentor is an AACT member in good standing at the time of application
- Has a platform or poster accepted for presentation at NACCT
How to apply
The deadline to apply for a student and trainee travel award is extended to July 2, 2021. Click here to start the application process.
Parts of the application
- Copy of the accepted Abstract for NACCT (with notice of acceptance)
- Letter from student’s or trainee’s mentor that includes the following: confirmation of the status of the student or trainee as well as a description of the mentor’s sponsorship of the applicant
- Applicant CV
Criteria for selection of awardees
Award Recipient(s) will be selected based on the scientific quality of the abstract, the relevance and significance of the research to clinical toxicology and evidence of the awardee’s commitment to a career in clinical toxicology.